800 Gems for Masteries – Is it worth it?
TL DR: It is not worth spending 800 gems to get the Masteries
- If you can auto Mino 15 and don’t mind the number of battles required, you should NOT spend the 800 gems to get all masteries. Instead, buy energy and do Mino 15 (using a mouse-auto-clicker) to get the masteries and it’ll cost you approximately 667 gems (and you’ll also get 1.15M silver to boot, and experience for whoever’s not yet Lvl. 60).
- If you can’t auto Mino 15, or if your energy refreshes are <107 energy, you may be better off paying for the masteries (not accounting for Silver).
Why most players shouldn’t pay 800 gems for the masteries:
Since Plarium released the ability to spend 800 gems to automatically get all the Mastery scrolls for a Champion in Raid Shadow Legends 1.13, this question’s been asked many times. Is it worth the 800 gems? Here’s a thorough analysis.
The alternative to spending the gems is of course to run through Minotaur Level 15 (to maximize drops) a sufficient number of times to gather all the required scrolls. In order to see how much energy that would require, we take the average of the drops for each scroll, then divide by the total number of those scrolls needed:
- Basic Scrolls – (min = 24, max = 32, avg = 28). Since we need 100, this will require an average of 3.6 runs.
- Advanced Scrolls – (min = 11, max = 16, avg = 13.5). Since we need 600, this will require an average of 44.4 runs.
- Divine Scrolls – (min = 6, max = 12, avg = 9). Since we need 950, this will require an average of 105.6 runs.
Now we sum up all the runs: It will take an expected 153.6 battles on Minotaur 15 in order to get all the scrolls required to complete the masteries. Since Mino 15 requires 14 energy, that means this would require 2150 energy.
Assuming you are Level 60 and that your energy refreshes give you 130 energy, and since an energy refresh costs 40 gems, this means you would need ~660 gems in order to complete the masteries. Furthermore, you would make ~1.1M Silver in the process. Therefore, doing the battles rather than spending the mastery fee will save you 140 gems and give you some spare silver, so for most players it is not worth spending the gems to get the masteries.
The biggest downside of going the grind route is the time required to complete the battles. If your average run is 1 minutes, it’ll take about 2.5 hours (therefore 5 hours if your average run is 2 minutes). There’s also the fact you need to click to restart, but that’s where a good auto-mouse-clicker comes in handy.
What if I’m not Level 60, or I can’t auto Mino 15?
Two factors would change our recommendation:
- If you can’t auto Minotaur Level 15
- If you’re not level 60
If you can’t auto Mino 15 it may be a good idea to spend the gems to give you a boost, but only do this if you believe this is the cheapest way to give you the ability to auto Mino 15 (which shouldn’t be that hard).
If you’re not Level 60, then your energy refreshes are less than 130 energy. Then the math is simple:
- At energy refreshes of ~107 energy, the cost of going the grind route will be about 800 gems. Therefore, if your energy refreshes are <107, you are better off spending the gems to get the full mastery tree (without accounting for the Silver).
Hope you found this useful to max out masteries in more of your Raid Shadow Legends Champions.
Ready to select masteries? Use our Mastery Simulator to try things out before you make your picks.